Guidelines for Pro Bono Services
- No cash will be paid to any party – the assistance will only be subjected to the attendance of the patient;
- The family’s income and capacity to pay or contribute as well as possible eligibility for coverage by a third party or medical assistance program will be taken into consideration;
- The necessity for the treatment of any patient will be based on the clinical judgment and assessment of the relevant healthcare professional without regard of the financial status of the patient and/or parent or guardian;
Documentation will be required to support your need for funding. This may include (but, not limited to):
- Short application/referral letter detailing the reason for your financial need;
- Documents verifying any previous medical conditions / treatments;
- Certified copy of Identification Document or Passport;
- 6month bank statements and/or Declaration in case of unemployment.
- Treatment can be sponsored by individuals, employers or organizations such as hospitals, medical associations, secular community organizations, faith-based entities, and foundations that were established as a result of mental health needs.
- Application must be filled in FULL – Emergency cases have leeway depending on severity, after which the guardian holds responsibility for submission of documents.