Good mental health isn’t just about the physical body. Our mind and body are integrated and affect each other enormously. It’s important to maintain a healthy balance between your mind, body, and soul by promotion your whole self, including your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs.
Today we want to share a few simple ways to begin refining a mind-body-soul balance.
- Avoid sitting for lengthy periods of time. Take short standing up breaks/move around while you work. Long periods of sitting can be linked to heart disease, diabetes, & a shortened lifespan.
- Moderate to fast-paced exercise each day for ± 5 min! e.g. Walking, riding your bike, swimming. Exercise is important for heart health, physical stamina, and mood.
- Spend time outside: e.g.: hiking, picnics, outdoor sports, shop at your local farmer’s market for fresh produce.
- Add more plant-based foods to your diet: lots of in-season vegetables and fruit.
- Sing along or dance to your favorite songs and do this as often as you can!
- Be grateful. Make time as often as you can to write or think about the things, you’re grateful for, like family, friends, pets, food, shelter, health, or the beauty of nature.
- Be kind to everyone. This includes yourself!
- Sleep enough and remember that you’re never too old for naps.
- Detoxify your beauty routine. Switch to natural products.
- Find a career path that is meaningful to you. Chase your dreams, not riches.